About Herb Cantor
Thank you for reviewing my resume as shown below. I recently retired from the IRS and worked in the Small Business, Large Business and Appeals Divisions. My qualifications are:
(1) I am a CPA, a CGMA and have a Masters Degree in Taxation from the University of Miami.
(2) I am on the Finance Committee of the 3000 unit residence where I reside.
(3) I was previously a member of the Fee Arbitration Committee of the Broward County Bar association.
(4) I lectured on many occasions before the Florida Institute of CPA's and the Greater Fort Lauderdale Tax Council.
(5) While in the Small Business Division, I examined many small business such as Schedule-C's, individuals and corporations.
(6) While in the Large Business Division, I examined many large corporations. I raised various tax issues and was able to resolve virtually all of them amicably without the need to send it to the US Tax Court.
(7) While in the Appeals Division which was my specialty for 18 years, I resolved hundreds of taxpayer disputes in cases involving individuals, corporations, estates, trust fund recovery penalties, excise taxes, civil penalties (accuracy, failure to file and preparer), unreasonable compensation, unreported income, Offers in Compromise and those involving litigation before the U.S. Tax Court. I acted as a temporary IRS manager when needed. I also resolved a tax case of a 1970s music rock group, congressmen and movie stars. I met many interesting people including a former IRS commissioner as he was representing his client before me.