About Karen Tenenbaum
An attorney for over 35 years, Karen founded Tenenbaum Law, P.C., which helps individuals and businesses facing IRS and New York State tax problems. Karen and her team have successfully represented clients in matters including:
• Federal & State Audits
• IRS Appeals & NY State Conciliation Conferences
• Federal & NYS Collection Issues, including Liens, Levies, Warrants & Seizures
• Offers in Compromise and Installment Agreements
• Responsible Officer Assessments
• NYS Residency Audits
• NYS Sales Tax Audits
• NYS Voluntary Disclosure
Karen is a frequent speaker on IRS and NYS tax issues for numerous professional groups on topics such as New York State residency, IRS and NYS collections, and more. She speaks at the NYU Tax Controversy Forum, NCCPAP Accounting and Tax Symposium, LIU Post Civil and Criminal Tax Controversy and NYSSCPA, Nassau and Suffolk All Day Tax Conferences. Karen’s knowledge and leadership have established her as a leading tax attorney in the NY area. Karen was selected as a New York Super Lawyer as a practitioner in Tax Law. Karen has been quoted in numerous articles in Bloomberg Business News, Money Magazine, Long Island Business News, The Daily News, and more on the topics of NYS Residency and NYS Tax Collection issues.
• Rated a Top Tax Law Firm by Long Island Business News • Rated a Top Women-Owned Law Firm in NY by the New York Law Journal • Rated Best Tax Law Firm by LIBN Reader Rankings
Karen received her LL.M. (Taxation) from New York University School of Law and her J.D. from Brooklyn Law School. Karen is admitted to the State Bar of New York and to the U.S. Tax Court. Karen is also a Certified Public Accountant.